Assistant Professor at IE Business School
Bio: I am an Assistant Professor at the Department of Information Systems and Technology at IE Business School, Madrid. In 2022, I obtained my Ph.D. in Information Systems and Operations Management (ISOM) from HEC Paris.
My research interest lies in the area of social media (SM) and behavioral aspects of user engagement in SM platforms. I am interested in understanding the role of UGC characteristics and SM features in driving engagement with various forms of rich digital content such as images and videos. My main constructs of interest in UGC are emotions and the visual creativity of content. I am also interested in how the cultural orientations of users determine their collective behavior in SM platforms.
Research Focus: Behavioral Information Systems, SM User Engagement, UGC, Content and Emotion Analysis
Methodology: Econometrics, Machine Learning, Network Analysis, Experimental Design
• Ph.D. in Information Systems and Operations Management at HEC Paris, France
• MBA, Management Information Systems at University of Tehran, Iran
• B.Sc. in Chemical Engineering at Sharif University of Technology, Iran
1. Digital Transformation - Global Online MBA Program, IE Business School, Spain
2. Business Driven IT - Business Analytics Program, IE Business School, Spain
3. Digital Management - Introductory Course on Python Programming, Grande Ecole, HEC Paris, France
Outstanding Review Contribution: European Journal of Information Systems, 2022
Best Reviewer Award: The 40th International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS 2019), Munich, Germany; Governance, Strategy, and Value of IS Track
Best Reviewer Award: The 17th Workshop on e-Business (WeB 2018), Santa Clara, California
HEC Paris Ph.D. Fellowship Award 2017